The beginning of October is piled, like a huge heap of fall leaves, with happy happenings — Okertoberfest, Get Organized Week, and Name Your Cat Day (Steve!). And here at the Bar & Bat Mitzvah Guide, it means one very special thing: Jewish celebrity birthday quiz time! This crisp autumn month boasts the births of a few fabulous Semitic celebrities such as a man who starred in movies about two big pop cultural trends, a guy who loved high school so much, he sang about it, and a woman who made Aerosmith cool in the ’90s.
To figure out which Jewish, cat-name-worthy celebs we’re cryptically alluding to, read our quiz questions below and then flip through the slide show above for the answers because we’re not going to just give them to you. Pssh. As if!
1) This “kind” and “crush”-worthy actress is a devout vegan. So much so, that when the Russian band Pussy Riot was awaiting trial, she did something a little “crazy.” She wrote a letter to Vladimir Putin asking that vegan meals be made available to all Russian prisoners. Who is she?
2) This actor’s mother worked as a clown at children’s parties. His sister was also once known as the “Pepsi Girl.” Who is he?
3) This funny Jew, who studied under master-clown Philippe Gaulier at the Ecole Philippe Gaulier, started his career in entertainment as a fashion model. Who is he?
4) This actress was named after a city in Minnesota. For her stage name, she kept her first name but decided to change her last name on a whim, which was inspired by a singer her father happened to be listening to when her agent called and asked how she wanted to appear on the credits of her first film. Who is she?
5) This Jewish SNL-alum is a quarter Filipino. His mother, who is half-Filipina, makes cameos in many of his movies. Who is he?
©2013 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BarBatMitzvahGuide.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BarBatMitzvahGuide.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.